Because of the huge number of participants, we recommend you to travel by public transport to Amsterdam or Zaandam. NS will use longer trains and will make extra stops at Zaandam station. The start of both the 5 and 10 Mile races is within walking distance of the station. The walking route between NS station and the start will be indicated.
Well prepared on the road
Plan your trip from door to door in the NS App or on ns.nl
, also for your return journey. Then check your trip again shortly before departure for the most up-to-date travel advice. You can also buy your ticket online. If you travel with a group, then the Group ticket off-peak might be something for you. Or get a discount if you book your ticket in advance with Vroegboek Dal. If you travel with an OV-Chipkaart, be sure to load enough balance onto your card in advance, also for the return trip. This way you avoid long waits at the ticket machines. Valid ticket
Do not forget to bring your OV-chipkaart with sufficient balance. No OV-chipkaart yet? You can purchase a personal OV-chipkaart via NS.nl/ovchipkaart
or an anonymous OV-chipkaart at the station.
On Saturday September 17 and Sunday September 18, we do not recommend to take your bike on the trains to the Dam tot Dam events (Amsterdam-Zaandam). Due to the expected very large crowds on these trains, there will be little to no room for bicycles.
If you do come by car, the best place is the P+R location at Hoogtij industrial park (Boeilijn, Westzaan), from where you can take the free shuttle bus to Dam tot Dam Park (start of the 5 Mile run) or to the start of the 10 Mile run in Amsterdam. You can also use a P+R near you, from where you can change trains to NS-station Zaandam or Amsterdam.P+R Industrieterrein Hoogtij (Boeilijn, Westzaan)
Park at this location and avoid the traffic in Zaandam. Shuttle buses run from this location to the Dam tot Dam Park and to the start of the 10 English Mile in Amsterdam.
- From the A7, before Zaandam, take the A8 towards Amsterdam. On the A8, take exit 1 (Oostzaan/Zaandam-Zuid). From here, follow the signs Zaandam-Zuid and then the signs Hoogtij;
- From the N203 and N246, follow the N246 direction Westzaan and then the signs Westzaan-Zuid. You will arrive directly at Hoogtij;
- From the A9 take exit 8 (Beverwijk/Bazaar/Zaanstad) at the Wijkertunnel. Then follow the N246. If you follow the direction Zaandam/Westzaan-Zuid at Buitenhuizen, you will arrive directly at Hoogtij.
P+R Amsterdam Sloterdijk (about 250 places, suitable if you come from the west of the Netherlands).
- From ring road Amsterdam A10 take exit S102 (Basisweg).
You can use the P+R parking facilities at both P+R Amsterdam Sloterdijk and P+R ArenA. The P+R parking fee in the weekends is € 1.00 per vehicle per 24 hours. You can then buy the cheap P+R GVB cards (maximum 5) at the location, which you can use to travel with the GVB bus, streetcar and metro. See more information about P+R
locations in Amsterdam during the Dam tot Damloop.
For more information about the accessibility of Amsterdam, please visit www.amsterdam.nl
. For other advice, please visit www.anwb.nl
Parking Centrum Amsterdam
If you want to park your car close to the start in Amsterdam, choose Parking Centrum Oosterdok. Maximum of € 37,50 for the hole day or € 5 till € 25 when you resevered a parking place www.parkingcentrumoosterdok.nl/reserveren
. More information at www.parkingcentrumoosterdok.nl
.Parking in the center of Zaandam
Click here for more information about the use of parking garages and parking lots in Zaandam. The parking lot De Burcht is not available during the Damloop by night and the Dam tot Damloop.
Participants and supporters can use the shuttle buses free of charge. There are the following possibilities:
From P+R Hoogtij in Zaandam (Boeilijn, Westzaan)
- Saturday from 5 p.m. to 12 a.m. to the Dam tot Dam Park in Zaandam (approx. 20 minutes)
- Sunday from 8.30 a.m. to 4 p.m. to the Dam tot Dam Park in Zaandam (approx. 20 minutes)
- Sunday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. to Amsterdam Central Station (start 10 English Miles) (approx. 30 minutes)
From Dam tot Dam Park in Zaandam (Schepenlaan, 1503 HN Zaandam)
- Saturday from 5 p.m. to 12 a.m. to P+R Hoogtij + Zaandam CS (approx. 20 minutes)
- Sunday from 9.00 to 18.30 hrs to Amsterdam CS (start 10 English Miles) (approx. 25 minutes, indication on the bus: Amsterdam)
- Sunday from 12.00 to 18.30 to NS-station Zaandam (approx. 15 minutes) + P+R Hoogtij Zaandam (approx. 20 minutes) (entry on the bus: Zaandam).
From Amsterdam Central Station (on the kiss & ride loop on the west side of IJ-hall CS)
- Sunday from 9 am to 4 pm to the Dam tot Dam Park in Zaandam (approx. 25 minutes).
Although many buses are used, it can sometimes take a while before empty buses arrive. We ask that you wait quietly when boarding and do not push the bus.
Are you organizing a bus trip to the Damloop by night or the Dam tot Damloop? Then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. You will then receive an email three days before the event with all the information you need to get to the event and to park.
On Sundays, a Ferry runs every two hours between the Zaantheater in Zaandam and Amsterdam CS. Pedestrians and cyclists can make use of this. The trip takes about an hour and costs € 5.00 per person one way (children under 12 are half price and bicycles are free). More information can be found at www.zaanferry.com
If you come by bike to the start of the Damloop by night or the Dam tot Damloop, you can park it at Amsterdam Central Station. The Central Station has a total of 6,587 free parking spaces. There are also guarded paid bicycle parking facilities on the east and west side of the station. Amsterdam Centraal Station has developed a signposting system especially for cyclists. Signs draw your attention to the parking spaces, the distance from the rack to the station building and the rules. See also the website of Gemeente Amsterdam for more information
If you are coming to the finish in Zaandam or the Dam tot Dam Park by bike, you can park it in the bike park at the Dam tot Dam Park. However, the capacity here is limited. You can also park your bike in one of the nearly 4,100 bike parking spaces in the center of Zaandam. An overview of these bicycle parking facilities can be found here.